Learn about dental implants from your North Huntingdon dentist.
Your teeth play an important role in daily activities like smiling, eating, and talking. Without one or more of those teeth, life can become difficult. Dental implants are the gold standard in the replacement of missing teeth. Dr. Farrel Gerber at Gerber Dental Care in North Huntingdon, PA, offers state-of-the-art dental implants to his patients. Here are five reasons to consider dental implants.
1. Improve Your Look- Dental implants are small anchors made of titanium that are surgically inserted into the jaw. By replacing your missing teeth with dental implants, you will improve your appearance and take years off your look. Dental implants are the next best thing to original teeth. They offer a way to have artificial teeth that look natural and beautiful.
2. Easier Eating- When you have missing teeth, eating can be a challenge. Dental implants offer a tooth replacement option that’s functional and comfortable. Dental implants and their crowns help restore the ability to chew food. Dental implants will allow you to eat the foods you love with confidence.
3. Prevent Teeth Shifting- The absence of one or more teeth can push teeth out of alignment. When you lose a tooth, the neighboring teeth will begin to drift out of place. It can be frightening for people to see their teeth shifting out of place. Dental implants can fill in the gaps in your smile and prevent your natural teeth from drifting out of place.
4. Improved Speech- The loss of one or more teeth can compromise your speech. Even one missing tooth can lead to mumbling and slurred speech. Ill-fitting dentures can be painful and cause problems with speaking. Dental implants can improve your clarity of speech. With dental implants, you will feel more confident when speaking in public.
5. Stop Jawbone Loss- When teeth are missing, the bone that surrounds the tooth roots can deteriorate affecting your bite and appearance. A healthy jawbone is important in order to support your teeth properly. Implants are the only tooth replacement option that stops jawbone loss and stimulates bone growth.
Want to live your best life? Say yes to dental implants! Call Gerber Dental Care in North Huntingdon, PA and serving Irwin, PA at 724-864-7900 today to schedule a dental consultation. Dental implants will give you the freedom to enjoy life again.