Do you have questions about Invisalign from your North Huntingdon, PA, dentist?
Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign is discreet. Invisalign consists of plastic, clear aligners. if a patient has minor tooth imperfections, like slightly crooked teeth, small gaps, or improperly positioned teeth, Invisalign is a great option.
More On Invisalign
Traditional braces may be necessary if there are major issues, like severe overbite, or major crowding.
Invisalign works by applying forces to each tooth to place them in their proper position. The clear, flexible plastic is custom-designed using a specialized software. It is convenient for adults and older teens.
The treatment may take about one year, depending on your dental needs, and consists of trays that fit your upper and bottom teeth. Trays should be worn for a minimum of 20 to 22 hours per day and can be removed if you have an event, but that's unnecessary since they're invisible.
Advantages of Invisalign
Invisalign include allows you to have more dietary choices. Simply biting into an apple can ruin traditional wires, but you don't need to worry about that when it comes to clear aligners.
- Aligners are comfortable because the thin, flexible material of Invisalign doesn't irritate soft tissues in the mouth, unlike metal wires of braces.
- If you have a teeth-grinding problem, clear aligners can act as a nightguard.
- There's definitely an improved oral hygiene since Invisalign is removable.
- You can brush and floss your teeth with ease, as well as clean out the trays.
Caring For Your Aligners
In order to take proper care of your clear aligners, as mentioned above, you need to clean them out daily.
- Rinse them with lukewarm water and use a brush to remove food debris.
- Brush your teeth twice a day, at the very least
- Floss at least once before bed
Visit your North Huntingdon dentist periodically during and after your treatment. You'll need to wear retainers given to you and have your teeth professionally cleaned to prevent plaque buildup and formation of cavities.
If you have any questions or need more information about Invisalign, call your dentist Dr. Farrel Gerber at Call Gerber Dental Care in North Huntingdon, PA and serving Irwin, PA, at (724) 864-7900 today!